Get your required CPE credits in the Ethics subject area through ASBO New York
Join us in-person or via Livestream!
Part 1 - September 18, 2019
Part 2 - March 11, 2020 [Save the date! More details to come!]
September 18, 2019
8:30 a.m. Registration | 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Program
ASBO New York Training Center
453 New Karner Rd.
Albany, NY 12205
Presented by: Kevin J. McCoy, CPA, CFF, Marvin and Company, P.C.
Course Credit: 2 CTLE for SDBLs | 2 CPE for CPAs
Cost: $75 Member / $100 Non-Member
Ethics Part 1 will cover the following topics:
1. Introduction to CPA ethics concepts, the psychology of professional development of a CPA, CPA judgement and values, the sociology of the CPA profession, virtue and the role of CPA rules of ethics, public expectations of CPA’s responsibilities, and ethical dilemmas faced by CPAs.
2. AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- AICPA Structure, Principles and Definitions overview
3. NYS Regents and Office of the Professions of the State Education Department Role
- Regulations, laws, enforcement and rules discussion. Discussion includes retention and maintenance of work papers, competency requirements for attest and compilation services, failing to maintain an active registration when using the title of designation, reportable events, commissions and referral fees, including mandatory disclosure, public expectations of CPAs’ responsibilities and enforcement of rules on ethics.