Thank you for attending our 2020 Accounting Workshops
Accounting 1, 2 & 3 will be offered again in Winter/Spring 2021. Stay tuned for details!
Out of concern for the well being of our staff, members, event attendees, and speakers, we have decided to host the remainder of the Accounting 3 Workshops virtually. This workshop will be available in 2 different sets:
Option 1: April 20, 22 & 24 | 8:30 am - 12:30 pm each day | Presented by: Sarah Morrison, Senior State Aid Planning Specialist, Questar III BOCES
Option 2: April 27, 29 & May 1 | 8:30 am - 12:30 pm each day | Presented by: Representatives from The Bonadio Group
Estimated Course Credit: 10 CTLE for SDBLs | 12 CPE for CPAs
Cost: $275 for Members / $375 for Non-Members
Click here to view the list of topics covered in Accounting 3
Click here to view our updated terms and conditions and most recent statement regarding Covid-19
If you were previously registered for Accounting 3, you will be notified and given the option to choose between one of theses two sets of dates.
Accounting 3 Details
Builds on Accounting 1 and 2 and focuses on the reporting requirements that a school district’s staff is responsible for throughout the school year. New sections have been added on monthly reporting, detailed instructions on preparing the ST-3 and Supplemental Schedules as well as tips on getting ready for the auditors.
- Preparing treasurer reports
- Preparing monthly revenue and appropriation status reports
- Preparing cash flow projections
- Monthly and quarterly review techniques
- Tips on sources to assist in reconciling of accounts
- Fund balance reserves
- Types available
- How to account for their use
- Reporting requirements
- Closing the books and records
- Preparing and submitting the ST-3
- Preparing the Supplemental Schedules SS1-SS8 to the ST-3
- Accounting for Non-Current Governmental Assets (SS-4)
- Accounting for Non-Current Governmental Liabilities (SS-2)
- Preparing the Supplemental Schedules SS10-SS16 for district run Section 4408 programs
- Preparing the Supplemental Schedules SS31-34 for CPSE programs
- Review of annual audit reports
- Components of General Purpose, Single Audit and Extraclassroom financial statement
- GASB 34 conversion entries overview - Going from modified to full accrual basis
- Reporting requirements
- Where to submit to and when
- Getting ready for the auditors - tips and tricks
Cancellations must be received in writing (or by email at email@example.com) three full days prior to the start of the program (unless otherwise stated per event) and are subject to a cancellation fee. There are no refunds for cancellations received less than three business days prior to the start of the program.
Administrative Fee Assessments: If you request to change your registration location for multi-location events, there may be an additional administrative fee of $50 imposed for the registration transfer.